- Please be courteous of your fellow customers.
- Do not block or hold seats with your belongings.
- Help to keep our stations and trains clean by properly disposing of trash and recyclables.
- Headsets are required when using audio devices.
Restroom facilities are available on board all CTrail Hartford Line trains. In most cases CTrail Hartford Line trains restrooms do meet current accessibility standards and accommodate most types of wheelchairs and other mobility devices. Amtrak Hartford Line trains offer accessible restrooms.
Fully accessible restroom facilities are also available at the following stations: New Haven Union Station, Hartford Union Station, and Springfield Union Station.
Trained Service Animals assisting people with disabilities are permitted without restriction on CTrail Hartford Line trains. Please note that Amtrak has specific requirements for Service Animals riding on Amtrak trains. Please see Amtrak.com for more information, or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.
Pets are permitted to ride CTrail Hartford Line trains with the following restrictions.
- All pets are required to be transported in a closed, well-ventilated, pet-safe carrier.
- The maximum size for pet carriers is 19" long x 14" wide x 10.5" high.
- Maximum weight of pet with carrier is 20 pounds.
- The carrier may be hard or soft sided but must be leak proof.
- Pet owners must also be mindful of other customers, and ensure their pets do not occupy empty seats.
- Please note when bringing your pet on all Amtrak trains there are specific reservation and fee requirements. Please see Amtrak.com for more information or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.
Standard (non-folding) bicycles are permitted onboard CTrail Hartford Line trains only. Amtrak trains have different requirements for standard bicycles. Under direction of the conductor, customers must load and stow bicycles in designated bike storage areas.
Collapsible and folding bicycles are permitted on all CTrail Hartford Line trains. Customers must fold up collapsible and folding bicycles prior to boarding. Collapsible and folding bicycles may only be stored in luggage storage areas at the end of the car or under a seat and may not be stored in overhead racks.
Visit here for more information on Amtrak’s bicycle policy.
Bicycle racks are available at all stations except Windsor and Windsor Locks.
Bicycle lockers are available at Hartford Union Station (in the Spruce Street Parking Lot, on the west side of the station) and New Haven Union Station.