- Please be courteous of your fellow customers.
- Do not block or hold seats with your belongings.
- Help to keep our stations and trains clean by properly disposing of trash and recyclables.
- Headsets are required when using audio devices.
Restroom facilities are available on board all Hartford Line trains. CTrail Hartford Line trains restrooms do not meet current accessibility standards and may not accommodate all types of wheelchairs and other mobility devices. Amtrak Hartford Line trains offer accessible restrooms.
CTrail Hartford Line trains are being upgraded so that each train set will have a fully accessible restroom in 2019. Fully accessible restroom facilities are also available at the following stations: New Haven Union Station, Hartford Union Station, and Springfield Union Station. Temporary portable restrooms, which are ADA compliant, are available at all other stations.The first rail cars with accessible restrooms are scheduled to enter service in late 2018 and the last of four rail cars with accessible restrooms are to be delivered by Spring of 2019.
Trained Service Animals assisting people with disabilities are permitted without restriction on CTrail Hartford Line trains. Please note that Amtrak has specific requirements for Service Animals riding on Amtrak trains. Please see Amtrak.com for more information, or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.
Pets are permitted to ride CTrail Hartford Line trains with the following restrictions.
- All pets are required to be transported in a closed, well-ventilated, pet-safe carrier.
- The maximum size for pet carriers is 19" long x 14" wide x 10.5" high.
- Maximum weight of pet with carrier is 20 pounds.
- The carrier may be hard or soft sided but must be leak proof.
- Pet owners must also be mindful of other customers, and ensure their pets do not occupy empty seats.
- Please note when bringing your pet on all Amtrak trains there are specific reservation and fee requirements. Please see Amtrak.com for more information or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.
As of August 16, 2018, customers may bring their bicycles on board any CTrail Hartford Line train. The bicycles must be stored in accordance with crew member directions to ensure the safety of customers and train crews. Collapsible and folding bicycles are also permitted on any CTrail Hartford Line train at any time. Customers must fold up the bicycle before boarding the train, and they may be stored in luggage storage areas at the end of the car or under a seat. Bicycles may not be stored in overhead racks.
These policies will remain in place until bike racks are installed on all CTrail Hartford Line coaches. The bike rack installation will begin in fall 2018 and continue through early 2019, providing a permanent storage area for bicycles. Updates on this bicycle program and onboard bicycle policy will be posted to this website.
Bicycle racks are available at all stations except Windsor and Windsor Locks.
Bicycle lockers are available at Hartford Union Station (in the Spruce Street Parking Lot, on the west side of the station) and New Haven Union Station.
For information on Amtrak's bicycle policy visit Amtrak.