CTDOT to Offer Additional Weekend Travel Options to Hartford July 20th
This weekend the city of Hartford will be hosting two major events bringing over 70,000 people to the Capital City. Traffic congestion is anticipated, so taking the train or bus to these events is highly recommended.
The 28th annual Greater Hartford Festival of Jazz, the largest free jazz event in New England, takes place in Bushnell Park directly across from Hartford Union Station, July 19th - 21st. The Hartford Athletic Soccer will host Charleston Battery at 5:00 pm at Dillon Stadium on Saturday, July 20th.
To accommodate these events, the CTDOT will be offering extra late-night service on CTrail Hartford Line for Saturday, July 20th.
- An additional Southbound train, serving Berlin, Meriden, Wallingford, State Street New Haven and New Haven Union Station has been added at 12:20 am for July 21.
- Northbound late night service to Windsor, Windsor Locks and Springfield stations will be provided by buses departing Hartford Union Station at 11:15 pm and 12:00 midnight July 20.
- Weekend parking is free at Windsor, Windsor Locks, Berlin, Meriden and Wallingford stations.
- Fares to Hartford range from $3 to $8, with significant discounts for children under 12, seniors and people with disabilities.
- CTtransit operates special service to Dillon Stadium for all Hartford Athletic home soccer matches on CTfastrak Route 160. The special service connects the Sigourney Street CTfastrak station, Hartford Union Station and Central Row South in downtown to the new stadium. Standard fares apply, but the service is free with a transfer from CTfastrak or any other CTtransit route. More information on Route 160 service adjustments can be found here.
CTrail and CTDOT staff will be at Hartford Union Station to assist passengers. View the official CTDOT press release here.
To talk to someone about all the options available to get to Hartford, please call 877-CTrides (877-287-4337) weekdays from 8am-5pm.