- Please be courteous of your fellow customers.
- Do not block or hold seats with your belongings.
- Help to keep our stations and trains clean by properly disposing of trash and recyclables.
- Headsets are required when using audio devices.
All Hartford Line Stations are accessible to persons with disabilities. At Springfield, Windsor Locks, and Windsor, a lift is available to assist persons with mobility impairments that are unable to step up or down. Train personnel will assist in boarding and de-training.
Restroom facilities are available on-board, but the CTrail Hartford Line trains do not have fully accessible restrooms for persons with disabilities at this time. CTrail Hartford Line trains are being upgraded so that each train set will have a fully accessible restroom. Restroom facilities are also available at the following stations: New Haven Union Station, Hartford Union Station, and Springfield Union Station.
Trained Service Animals assisting people with disabilities are permitted without restriction on CTrail Hartford Line trains. Please note that Amtrak has specific requirements for Service Animals riding on Amtrak trains. Please see Amtrak.com for more information, or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.
Pets are permitted to ride CTrail Hartford Line trains with the following restrictions.
- All pets are required to be transported in a closed, well-ventilated, pet-safe carrier.
- The maximum size for pet carriers is 19" long x 14" wide x 10.5" high.
- Maximum weight of pet with carrier is 20 pounds.
- The carrier may be hard or soft sided but must be leak proof.
- Pet owners must also be mindful of other customers, and ensure their pets do not occupy empty seats.
- Please note when bringing your pet on all Amtrak trains there are specific reservation and fee requirements. Please see Amtrak.com for more information or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.
Smoking and the use of electronic cigarettes (vaping) is prohibited on all CTrail trains, station buildings, and platforms.
Items able to be safely carried and stored by customers are permitted on-board. Items likely to cause safety hazards or inconvenience to fellow customers or crew are not permitted.
- Collapsible and folding bicycles are permitted on any CTrail Hartford Line train at any time. Customers must fold up the bicycle before boarding the train.
- Bicycles may only be stored in luggage storage areas at the end of the car or under a seat. Bicycles may not be stored in overhead racks.
- CTrail is working to equip trains with bicycle racks and will permit non-folding bicycles onboard trains in the future. Updates on this bicycle program and onboard bicycle policy will be posted to hartfordline.com.
- Bicycle racks are available at all stations except Windsor and Windsor Locks.
- Bicycle lockers are available at Hartford Union Station and New Haven Union Station.
All items found on CTrail Hartford Line trains will be returned to the New Haven Union Station CTrail Customer Service Office. The Customer Service office can be reached by calling 1-877-CTrides (1-877-287-4337) or email email@example.com.